We know commitment can be hard, and playing with/against people at a similar level is more fun. So we have come up with a brand new Ladder Competition to cater for everyone.
Fortnightly on Wednesdays from 4th March till end of September. The competition will run for a total of 16 sessions.
Registration/Warm-up: from 7:30pm
Matches start: 7:45pm sharp
Prepaid your sessions and save!
$120 for 16 sessions (guarantee spot)
$65 for 8 sessions
or $10 casual fee
Team WN Masters, Vets and S-Vets get free entry
- Each fortnight, the player pool will be those who have registered and are present by the 7:40 cutoff.
- 5 players from the player pool will be put into a box in descending order, based on the current ladder ranking*. E.g if players in position 1, 2, 4, 6, 7 are present they will go into box 1 etc.
- Each player in the box will play with everyone else once (should be 4 matches)
- Matches are best of three games, FIRST TO 21 (no extension), if it goes to a 3rd game it’s FIRST TO 5 (no extension)
- Winners of each box go up a ranking, losers go down. There will only be 1 winner and loser of each box
- Winner will be established by number of matches won, if 2 or more players have won the same amount of matches, the winner will be decided by the amount of games won, then by total points won.
- If you don’t show up for 2 competition nights in a row, you will automatically go down one ranking (after any change in ranking as a result of the competition night)
- Males and Females play on the same ladder
- 15 spots are reserved for Masters, Vets and Super Vets by the cutoff time. Registration on the day will be on a first in first serve basis for any remaining spots.
- 7:30pm warm up
- 7:40pm cutoff for guaranteed/reserved spots
- First games are to be playing at 7:45pm
- Shuttles are provided
- Mystery prizes for people placed in top 3 at the end of the competition
*initial rankings and late entries will be ranked by the discretion of the Wellington North Badminton events team.
Leave us a comment below if you have any questions and we will answer them directly on here for everyone.Wellington North Badminton Events Team