More clarification has been released by Badminton New Zealand and Sport New Zealand around how we can welcome our players back safely under Alert Level 2. We are excited to be reopening the doors to our players.
This means, starting from this Saturday, 16 May, Wellington North Badminton will be able to open under temporary staffed hours for private bookings only. However NO club sessions, events or programmes will be operating until further restrictions are lifted by the Government. This will be reviewed and assessed as more information becomes available, as the safety and well-being of our players and staff is our first priority.
We know everyone will be feeling the pinch from COVID financially. To welcome our players back, we will be offering a SPECIAL $10 COURT HIRE.Limited time only
What does this mean for players?
- You will be able to book a court (for up to 2 hours) between the hours of 9am and 9pm starting from Saturday, 16 May. (Last booking must finished by 9pm)
- All bookings will be managed by staff. This means, you must phone 042324774 or message us on Facebook to secure your booking.
- All bookings will be limited to a maximum of 6 people per court, or up to 10 people per group across 2 courts. Please keep to your court area and your own group, spectators are discouraged.
- When you first arrive at the stadium you must sanitise or wash your hands and sign in for contact tracing.
- This can be done on your own phone so bring it with you to scan the QR code inside. Paper register is available as a backup option.
- You must bring your own drink with you as all areas apart from the disabled toilet and courts are closed. (So no access to changing rooms, water cooler, kitchen etc.)
- Bring your own shuttles, or purchase them from a team member on arrival. All used shuttles MUST be disposed off or taken home with you.
- Try not to touch anything other than your own equipment and if you do touch chairs, net posts etc. then wipe them down with disinfectant (provided) before you leave.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth whilst playing.
- Avoid moving any furniture around the court areas, they have been separated to comply with physical distancing requirements.
- Do not hang around after your booking time, please be considerate of others who want to play too.
The team will strictly enforce these guidelines for the safety of all players. You will be asked to leave if you don’t comply.
What we are doing to keep players and safe
- Hand sanitiser is available at the stadium foyer, essential for all to use before and after signing into the stadium.
- Regular cleaning of common contact surfaces will take place within the stadium. We also ask that users keep the court surfaces clean as per the Conditions of Use.
- Reduced court capacity and time as court bookings are only available during our new temporary staffed hours (9am-9pm). There will be 15 minutes gap between bookings to reduce any congestion in/around the court areas.
- Contact tracing options will be enabled at the venue so be prepared to scan a QR code or sign in manually upon entry.
- Only participants with existing bookings can enter the stadium at the time of their booking. A staggered entry and exit process will be managed by staff.
- Reduced Payment handling means that cash will not be accepted. You’re encouraged to pay for your booking online prior coming to the stadium. EFTPOS will be available.
- COVID-19 Safety Plan has been developed and adopted by Wellington North Badminton staff.