More clarification has been released by Badminton New Zealand and Sport New Zealand around how we can welcome our players back safely under Alert Level 2. We are excited to be reopening the doors to our players. This means, starting from this Saturday, 16 May, Wellington North Badminton will be able to open under temporary staffed hours for private bookings only. However NO club sessions, events or programmes will be operating until further restrictions are lifted by the Government. This will be reviewed and assessed as more information becomes available, as the safety and well-being of our players and staff is our first priority.
To help us better plan how we best to restart badminton when we come out of Alert Level 4 lock-down, we would like to get an understanding of how you feel about participating and traveling to participate in badminton.
Badminton New Zealand has made the decision today, following a review of the current COVID-19 situation, to extend the suspension of sanctioned events and inter-association competition until 1st June.
Due to the rapidly evolving situation of COVID-19, the Executive Committee has made a decision to postpone the 2020 Annual General Meeting (previously scheduled for 1 April) to Wednesday, 15 April 2020 at 7pm via Video Conference.
New Zealand has now increased to COVID-19 ALERT LEVEL 3 and will be increasing to Level 4 within 48 hours. All non-essential businesses must close within 48 hours. That includes ALL activities at Wellington North Badminton. All clubs, training, events and court bookings are to be suspended immediately. There will be NO access to the stadium effective immediately until further notice.