Badminton New Zealand has made the decision today, following a review of the current COVID-19 situation, to extend the suspension of sanctioned events and inter-association competition until 1st June.
Due to the rapidly evolving situation of COVID-19, the Executive Committee has made a decision to postpone the 2020 Annual General Meeting (previously scheduled for 1 April) to Wednesday, 15 April 2020 at 7pm via Video Conference.
New Zealand has now increased to COVID-19 ALERT LEVEL 3 and will be increasing to Level 4 within 48 hours. All non-essential businesses must close within 48 hours. That includes ALL activities at Wellington North Badminton. All clubs, training, events and court bookings are to be suspended immediately. There will be NO access to the stadium effective immediately until further notice.
Wellington North Badminton continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and is following the Ministry of Health’s advice in consultation with local authorities and other stakeholders including Badminton New Zealand. To check for the latest updates, refer to Ministry of Health's website and the new dedicated website for COVID-19.
Wellington North Badminton is following closely with advice from Badminton New Zealand and Ministry of Health, and at this point, we are not looking to alter our current operation with our clubs and programmes. Therefore, all of our club sessions, Shuttle Time Programmes and training sessions will operate as per normal.